Cinematic Confabulation v2

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Cinematic Confabulation v2

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:28 am

Yeah, it looks considerably more "right" than the 1998 offering, but I miss the trademark rusty-gate roar.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Not sure what roar you're referring to. The Godzilla in the new trailer has a pretty good approximation of the classic Godzilla roar, which was made by rubbing a resin-coated glove over the strings of a contrabass, and the resulting sound was slowed down in playback. I honestly don't recall what the '98 Zilla roar sounded like.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:02 am

Godzilla's trademark sound is what I call a "rusty gate" roar, because one of my grandmothers had a rusty iron gate at the end of her drive, and when you closed it, it would make a sound EXACTLY like Godzilla's classic scream. The 1998 Godzilla used the original roar, but with a lot of variations and subtleties as well.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 am

Been clicking around some of the "official" trailers on YouTube, and dang me if it doesn't look like some of 'em have been cobbled together with footage from TransFormers, Cloverfield, and the like.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:57 pm

RIP Harold Ramis :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Groundhog Day is an all-time fave, and what a shame people didn't get off their rumps to make GB3 while they had the chance. :moresad:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Absolutely, GB3 should have been in the can at least six years ago, if not before that --- ya know, while most of them were all still in their fifties at least... I doubt they'll do it now w/o Ramis and it's just a real shame. I guess at least we got the Ghostbusters game, but thats not quite the same. Obviously trivial but really sucks since it's the 30th Anniv of the film.

Whats sad is you don't see any more of Ramis' brand of comedy in film anymore. This is a guy who had a hand in movies like Stripes, Meatballs, National Lampoon's Vacation, Caddyshack, Groundhog Day, Analyze This --- all very funny films!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Definitely a sad day for comedy film fans.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Definitely a sad day for comedy film fans.

Agreed. I remember him best for Stripes and Heavy Metal.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Ghostbusters is one of the films of the 80s, as much as Back to the Future, Predator, Robocop, etc., and still one of my all-time favorites. He was still active up until a couple of years ago. Comedy will definitely never be the same without him.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri May 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Saw the new Godzilla film yesterday. A bit of fun, but too much time spent on the humans and not on the monsters. Visual effects were excellent, soundtrack was despicable. Got Godzilla's scream wrong. But one of the sound editors / mixers is named Thanos. This is awesome. Might get the DVD, but only if it's suitably cheap.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room