The Ink & Paint Club

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The Ink & Paint Club

Postby manekochan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:15 am

Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby manekochan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:52 am

JamesLynch wrote:Sorry, but I can't get behind anyone who's got an ill word to say about Tangled. That movie was great, and the songs are memorable. Alan Menkin in a goddamn machine when it comes to that sort of thing.

While I haven't seen Cars 2 (the first was easily my least favorite Pixar film. Which is not to say it's bad, it just wasn't my favorite, and then they focused the sequel around my least favorite character, Larry the Cable Guy), the rest of the Pixar crop still remains enjoyable. "Brave" was great (if not exactly what they advertised it as), Up, Wall-E. Toy Story 3 was depressing as starfruit though. My God, what a dark film.

I never said Tangled was bad nor did I say the songs were bad. :razz: I just said the songs smacked of broadway. Tangled is part of the "Disney getting better" years I was talking about and was put out in 2010, well after Pixar and their staff had been acquired. Also included in that are Meet the Robinsons (far better than I thought it would be but there I go with the qualifiers...), Bolt, the Princess and the Frog, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen. Prior to that, Disney animated movies had been a bit forgettable (with a few pointed exceptions, though I think they are niche exceptions-- movies that are so different from the norm that they appeal to a smaller scope of people and I just happen to be one of them) for several years.
If put to task, I will admit I don't care to have music in animated movies anymore. I was excited when they started to move away from that and to see it coming back is an annoyance especially when it's coming back in a style that I don't particularly enjoy. It just seems that they are building current movies with fast-tracking for Broadway in mind and that is the main point I'm trying to express.
Cars 2 is pretty awful regardless of how much or how little you enjoyed the first one. The 3rd Toy Story, while still good, is depressing as hell and retreads areas that we've seen multiple times now. The newer Pixar movies (starting with Toy Story 3 and some claim Wall-E which I don't agree with) seem to be lacking some bit of soul while the Disney movies seem to be gaining some back. I'm including Brave in that as well. It felt lacking. I haven't seen Monsters University yet. Maybe Brave was the beginning of their upswing again. I would like to think that.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Tekwych » Sat May 17, 2014 6:18 pm

VIZ Gets ‘Sailor Moon’ Anime

VIZ will release all 200 episodes of the series uncut and uncensored, include the fifth and final “Sailor Stars” season, which has never been licensed in North America, beginning with a subtitled streaming option this month, and a DTO and home media release to follow. VIZ confirmed that the three feature films (Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, and Sailor Moon SuperS) and the specials are also part of the acquisition.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

created from the Japanese remaster, with new translations for the subtitles. The presentation will be in the original uncropped 4:3 aspect ratio, and will include use of all the original Japanese names, story elements, and relationships.

HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES! HELL YES!

The whole announcement:
ICv2 and Anime News Network

Interview Here
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to The Green Room