A Novel Approach

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: A Novel Approach

Postby manekochan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:23 am

No, because Hastings typically has them for 50% off for the first three days. :/ I could have had it for the same price and not had to wait.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby SilntAngl5 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Patience is a virtue and all that.
"EVERYONE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO FLY!"Image
SilntAngl5
Captain Mrs. Admirastrator

Postby manekochan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:02 am

Maybe... not in the case of books, usually... It's either buy it for cheap the week it comes out, wait a year to get the soft cover for the same price, or wait 2 years for the hardcover to go to the bargain bin (no guarantee of that). Spent $25 to get free shipping so I still ended up spending more than I would otherwise have and I still have to wait on it.
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby SilntAngl5 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Tekwych wrote:The only reading I get to do these days are Textbooks, White Papers, and service manuals. Any interested in 657 pages on "The Computer-Human Interface"?

I read Kindergarten journal writing (when I'm not reading things on how to be a better teacher). [green]

@ Michael: I LOVE 1000 page beasts!!!! There's such a fulfilling feeling when you're done reading (and a little sadness too). Are you a big Stephen King Fan?
"EVERYONE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO FLY!"Image
SilntAngl5

Postby manekochan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:57 am

Aeowap/Blinky's Revolution from the old Crossgen boards got me onto the Kushiel's series.
Trained from childhood to a life of servitude and espionage, Ph?dre n? Delaunay serves her master, Anafiel, as a courtesan and spy, ferreting out the dangerous secrets of the noble houses of Terre d'Ange. When she uncovers a treasonous conspiracy, however, her life takes on a new and deadly purpose. Set in a world reminiscent of late medieval and early Renaissance Europe, Carey's first novel portrays a society based upon political and sexual intrigue. The author's sensual prose, suitable for adult readers, should appeal to fans of Tanith Lee, Storm Constantine, and Terry Goodkind. Recommended for adult fantasy collections.

You can borrow it from me, if you want, or you can read it at the link below. It's 701 pages long. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did, but I liked it enough to read the next 3 novels.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Nj_LO5cLjnEC&printsec=frontcover&dq=kushiel%27s+dart&source=bl&ots=J-NLhoz__q&sig=MtbVAWhHPRqV-qZcfUlOnTmFBZQ&hl=en&ei=L9iqTN7gCITGlQeW3KS1CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDkQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:02 am

Faves: Crime and Punishment, Jurassic Park, Interview with The Vampire, Don Quixote (in Spanish), Harry Potter and the Goble of Fire
Worst: Pride and Prejudice, Twilight, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, The Da Vinci Code (was a huge letdown after reading Angels and Demons)
Currently reading: Breaking Dawn (mostly to get ammo to use against my Twihard cousin... No one mocks my love for MOTU...)
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby manekochan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 pm

What?!? You didn't like Pride and Prejudice?!? Oh, wait. You have balls. Okay. I getcha now.
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:16 am

While being a Guy doesn't impede me from liking "girly stuff" (Huge PoP fan, have fond memories of Jem and the Holograms) I just didn't like Pride and Prejudice... (It also didn't help that I had to re-read it for a Lit. Class)
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby manekochan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 am

Only one guy I know actually enjoyed that book and he wasn't forced to read it for a class. Most were. I think that's part of it. I, on the other hand, love the dry sense of humor and can find something funny in just about all of it. I like British humor. For instance, when I read "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" I thought it was pretty funny. Not laugh out loud funny, mind you, but I smiled a bit on most pages. Vault, on the other hand, who doesn't read British comedies, didn't think it was funny at all. He still enjoyed the book a lot but didn't read the same book I did, basically. He also read 40 pages of a Terry Pratchett book (Pyramids!) and didn't laugh so I took it away from him.
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Tekwych » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Are you interested in ePub books, digital downloads, even audio book files:
Easily find free ebooks
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room