The Game Room

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

The Game Room

Postby Tekwych » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:18 pm

A place to talk about gaming. That includes Consuls, on-line, table-top, and RPG. What are you playing? Why do you play it? What is the next hot trend and why aren't you outside getting real exercise instead of jumping up and down at the fit thing. :cool:
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Re: The Game Room

Postby Tekwych » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group recently acquired a majority stake in London-based Rocksteady Studios, developer of the Batman: Arkham Asylum video game.
Warner Bros. and Rocksteady are currently developing the sequel game to Batman: Arkham Asylum, which had shipments of more than 3 million units globally. Besides Batman, Warner Bros. is also looking to strengthen the gaming category for its Mortal Kombat (Midway Games), Lord of the Rings (Snowblind Studios) and LEGO (TT Games) franchises.

"We are delighted to be deepening our relationship with London-based Rocksteady Studios, one of the U.K.'s most respected games developers and 2009 recipient of the VGA's coveted 'studio of the year' award," says Josh Berger, president and managing director of Warner Bros. U.K. ÒRocksteady clearly has the talent, expertise and technology to make great games and we are fortunate to continue working closely with them as we further expand our games portfolio."

In other Warner Bros. news, the company's interactive entertainment division, on behalf of DC Comics, will roll out Batman: The Brave and the Bold video game this fall for Wii and Nintendo DS.

Now that WB owns the game likenesses can we get a DCUC Harley?
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby manekochan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:03 pm

RPGs, both table top and console, no online, though. I'd never leave the house. :)
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:59 pm

i've been spending a lot of time recently on raw vs smackdown 2010 and anxiously awaiting god of war 3. also been playing Pain a lot w/ the kids...

of the tabletops, both the wife and i are disciples of D&D, and she's also experienced w/ changling and vampire. i also played werewolf and mummy, deadlands, exalted and L5R. of those, i have to say, i think the overall best narrative still goes to alderc ofr L5R... that setting just did everything right. simple mechanic, excellent writing, memorable signature characters... just from beginning to end, an excellent game w/ fantastic balance. deadlands was fun, but honestly, i don't think we ever actually finished any of the three games we played... somehow, there was always something cooler to do back in D&D.

they've been experimenting recently w/ magic the gathering and enjoy their bakugan and yugioh stuff, though they kind of made up their own rules...

and yes, we need arkham asylum toys STAT... and while i do love harley, she's hardly only the new look i'd like in figural form. i want a pantsless ivy!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby manekochan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:12 am

Tomorrow is my monthly D&D game. :) I wonder what we'll fail at?... ^^; We're so good at fail. :/
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Ebonhorn » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:47 am

I've been invited to take part in a D&D game that is just starting sunday....I'm excited!
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby manekochan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:12 pm

I GOT A GIANT ANT MOUNT!!!! :D In the game today, we freed some giant ants that were being used as slaves. We had the option to accept them as part of our reward (you get one free magic item per level) or 50 gold and a potion... uh... YEAH, I'M TAKIN THE ANT!!! :D My last level 2 game, too. Bumped up to level 3. It seems to go faster in 4.0.
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:54 am

manekochan wrote:I GOT A GIANT ANT MOUNT!!!! :D In the game today, we freed some giant ants that were being used as slaves. We had the option to accept them as part of our reward (you get one free magic item per level) or 50 gold and a potion... uh... YEAH, I'M TAKIN THE ANT!!! :D My last level 2 game, too. Bumped up to level 3. It seems to go faster in 4.0.

awesome!! you should brush up on ant knowledge, if you're a little rusty... he gave you a DANGEROUS mount there.... they're very smart, can smell more efficiently than a blood hound, and are UBER MEGA MONDO aggressive... the things you'll do to a war elephant are simply a shame... you need to afford some ant barding my dear.

and ebby... i assume this is not your first D&D experience? any idea what kind of game they're running? or what kind of character you're playing?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby manekochan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 am

dayraven wrote:awesome!! you should brush up on ant knowledge, if you're a little rusty... he gave you a DANGEROUS mount there.... they're very smart, can smell more efficiently than a blood hound, and are UBER MEGA MONDO aggressive... the things you'll do to a war elephant are simply a shame... you need to afford some ant barding my dear.

and ebby... i assume this is not your first D&D experience? any idea what kind of game they're running? or what kind of character you're playing?

Damn things got an attack of 9 and an AC of 18 or something. I'm gonna frikkin' hide behind it and shoot things with my ranged attacks. :)
These are tame ants. They're not combat trained, though, and I don't have mounted combat anyway (ride check, anyone?). It is my shield/pack mule. :) My strength is only 10. I can't carry crap.
I wonder (if I buy a special saddle) if I can ride it while it climbs up walls? That would be awesome.

I don't know what manual they would be in... hmm...
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:28 pm

manekochan wrote:
dayraven wrote:awesome!! you should brush up on ant knowledge, if you're a little rusty... he gave you a DANGEROUS mount there.... they're very smart, can smell more efficiently than a blood hound, and are UBER MEGA MONDO aggressive... the things you'll do to a war elephant are simply a shame... you need to afford some ant barding my dear.

Damn things got an attack of 9 and an AC of 18 or something. I'm gonna frikkin' hide behind it and shoot things with my ranged attacks. :)
These are tame ants. They're not combat trained, though, and I don't have mounted combat anyway (ride check, anyone?). It is my shield/pack mule. :) My strength is only 10. I can't carry crap.
I wonder (if I buy a special saddle) if I can ride it while it climbs up walls? That would be awesome.

I don't know what manual they would be in... hmm...

well dearie, to the best of my knowledge, there are no "in canon" stats for battle ants... you're going to have to reference the real animal pester the hell out of your DM for a litany of special privleges he probably shouldn't have offered you in the first place. for example, you're mount has a nigh-infalliable sense of smell, so like using it for tracking and such should be a cinch (like around 90 to 95% success rate on a smell that's under five days old). ants are supremely aggressive and even lowly drones will fight to the death for their queen... and it's queen is obviously you now... imagine jaws that can crush ten times their body weight. there's NOTHING barring another giant insect mount that will provide that thing a challenge, even it's not a "warrior" ant. i would cosider some supplemental plating on it's legs, where it's most vulnerable, and then a specialized saddle that you can buckle into for vertical or upside down climbs, and that stuff will prove expensive... buy it w/ allowances to make the ant "slightly" less potent than it ought to be... for example, AC sems fine, but attack 9? come on, that's a joke right? do this, calculate maximum attack stat for a human... and multiply by 10. that would realistic. barter the saddle for only taking 5 times max human stats. that's totally reasonable and doesn't open the DM up to the game-breaking potency of the mount he afforded you. also, that's thing's movement rate should be EPIC.. to scale, in excess of 200 mph (that's a rough number, but a fair average across several possible ant sub-species.) that too can be bartered down for reasonable exchanges, like ant barding.

told you this dude made a mistake... ants are UBER badasses!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Next

Return to The Green Room