The Game Room

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The Game Room

Postby dayraven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 am

no i haven't... will have to check that out later.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 am

So have you used the Pathfinder game system?

Do You like Steampunk?

How about Hillbillies and Yankees?

Check out Pure Steam, a steampunk setting using the Pathfinder game system. This is a free beta play test system offered through Drivethrurpg.com. The setting is the coal rich Appalachian mountains of North America. Check it out and let the team know what you think.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... =pure+stea
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Doppelganger: The Universal Game Piece is a cool idea for gamers but funding is starting to slow and I don't know if they'll make it. Take a look at this incredible idea and know that you could have one for as little as $20.00
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:49 pm

If you haven't been watching Table Top with Will Weaton than you should be.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby manekochan » Fri May 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Vault has been. I have only seen an episode of it. Will have to start paying more attention to it, though.

I picked up a copy of Timeline: Inventions and Timeline: Diversity, a copy of Elder Signs and a copy of Witch of Salem. And a... random copy of a Cheers board game I found in a resale shop. Yes, Cheers the tv show.

Timeline is fun, short and educational. Elder Signs took some getting used to but it's kind of like short Arkham Horror (and by short, I mean a few hours...). Pretty fun. I bought it because Vault saw them play it on Will Wheaton's show and they liked it. And they were out of Mansions of Madness.
Witch of Salem- -_-; I may give it another go. We just wrecked the hell out of that game. Such a bad job. In my defense, though, some things were never explained in the rules and they were what tripped us up. We'll try it again at some point but we had such a terrible time we haven't bothered yet.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Tekwych » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:16 pm

The next season of Dungeons and Dragons Encounters will cost the GM and/or Store money for a retail book:
Wizards of the Coast has announced changes to its Dungeons and Dragons Encounters organized play program, both in costs and format. Beginning in August with the Murder in Baldur's Gate campaign, WotC will be requiring game stores (or DMs) to purchase a $34.95 off-the-shelf book to run their in-store play program, where previously they had provided adventure modules free with the Encounters kit. The campaign kit itself, which remains free, still contains promo dice, player maps, NPC cards, advertising posters and instruction documents. But as the Website solicitation states, "Instead of providing an adventure in the kit, Dungeon Masters now use the for-sale product... this means that Dungeon Masters will need to have a copy of the adventure product for the 13-week season."

FromICv2.com
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby manekochan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:28 pm

That doesn't surprise me. They used to charge money for modules. It is crappy, though. We switched to Pathfinder not so long ago. Never played Encounters, actually. Our group likes the roleplaying bits too much, I guess.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Tekwych » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:39 pm

So this week starts off the actual product launches of The Year of Shadowrun. The pdf version of the core rulebook for Shadowrun 5th edition will be available on the 7-11-2013 at both DriveThruRPG and BattleShop for just $20.00. the bound edition (Hardback and Softcover) and a box set with maps, pre-made characters, adventures and more, will all go on sale on the 7-25-2013. More ways to play around in the world of Shadowrun will follow including Collectable Card Games, miniatures games (think HereClix), Euro style board games and video games. The first video game, Shadowrun Returns (Steam Account) also launches on the 7-25-2013 (pre order cost under $20.00) The second will be a MMO this winter and all paper copies of the RPG will include gear upgrade codes for the MMO

Throat Punch Games: Ring Side Report-Shadowrun 5th Edition

The Wargaming Addict: REVIEW OF SHADOWRUN FIFTH EDITION RPG

RPG Gamer: The Saving Throw: Shadowrun Fifth Edition

Roleplayer's Chronicle: A Word in Edgewise... with Jason Hardy of Catalyst Game Labs

Aint It Cool News Tabletop Special! Abstruse Reviews SHADOWRUN 5th Edition!

All Us Geeks Podcast: Episode 27 The Geeks Don't Plead The 5th On #Shadowrun

Second Left RPG: Review: Shadowrun 5th Edition (Part I)

En World RPG News & Reviews: Shadowrun 5th Edition: Coming Soon to a MegaCorp Near You!

The world of Shadowrun is, for me, everything that is great for roleplaying. A cyberpunk, dystopian future that includes the major fantasy races and Magic. You get a Troll using a pintle mount heavy machine gun as his side arm, An Elf computer hacker and a dwarf wheelman (called a rigger) who places his presence inside drones to run overwatch or flanking tasks.

Please take a look at the world of Shadowrun. To get the in game history of how our world becomes this shocking and dangerous environment read AND SO IT CAME TO PASS
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Shadowrun Fifth Edition Sets Online Sales Records
By RANDALL : Published: JULY 12, 2013
Never, ever underestimate Shadowrun fans...some of the best gamers in the world who will always step up and surprise you in fantastic ways!

Shadowrun, Fifth Edition PDF and Print Preorders went on sale today. In the 6 years of operation for Catalyst Game Labs-and the 12 years for DriveThruRPG-we've never seen anything like this. Catalyst broke our own "best selling" first day record in a little over two hours, while in less than 8 hours DriveThruRPG passed its all time first day record, both for revenue and for number of PDFs sold.

We are floored and humbled by the brilliant Shadowrun community. Your enthusiasm and love for this great universe knows no bounds.

Thank you so much for embracing Fifth Edition with such passion...we join you in looking forward to years of action together on the mean sprawl streets of the Sixth World.

Catalyst Team
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:10 pm

OK, Yes, I'm stuck in a rut here:

Shadowrun Returns Trailer

Check your Steam account.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room