The New 52: DC Starts Over

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The New 52: DC Starts Over

Postby Tekwych » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 am

"The excitement of the initial launch of DC Comics—The New 52 was in seeing the re-imagining of these classic characters and concepts," said Harras said. "The 'Second Wave' is all about world-building."

The titles we're losing are Men of War, O.M.A.C., Static Shock, Hawk and Dove, Mister Terrific and Blackhawks, all of which will conclude in April. In their place, we get these:

Batman Incorporated, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Chris Burnham, will continue Morrison's concept of Bruce Wayne taking the Batman brand to an international scale to combat a global threat.
Earth 2, written by James Robinson and drawn by Nicola Scott, will star a Justice Society fighting evil on an Earth parallel to our own.

Worlds' Finest, written by Paul Levitz and drawn by George Perez and Kevin Maguire, will continue the parallel world theme by following Earth 2's Huntress and Power Girl as they try to get back to their world after they're stranded on our Earth.

Dial H, written by China Mieville and drawn by Mateus Santoluoco, will feature a "bold new take" on the concept of an ordinary man who gains superpowers and becomes a hero.

G. I. Combat will feature the return of the classic soldiers vs. dinosaurs story The War That Time Forgot, written by J. T. Krul and drawn by Ariel Olivetti, along with rotating backup stories The Unknown Solider by writers Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Dan Panosian and The Haunted Tank by writer John Arcudi and artist Scott Kolins.

The Ravagers, by writer Howard Mackie and artist Ian Churchill, will spin off from both Teen Titans and Superboy to tell the story of four teens with powers on the run from a group that wants to turn them into supervillains.

So I loose three of the titles I'm actualy reading and a forth that I at least pay attention to in April. Guess I am not the market DC was looking for.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:59 pm

why does gi combat sound a boatload like terra nova?

and ravagers sounds in no way like new men... which was itself in no way a ripoff of teen titans.

oh, and the new dc logo? a dud. the "peel effect" is beyond stupid.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 am

Stephanie Brown Returns in 'Batman: Eternal'
New York Comic Con News: At the NYCC’s Batman panel lead Batman writer Scott Snyder revealed that fan-favorite character Stephanie Brown will be returning to the DCU in the new weekly Batman Eternal series that debuts in the spring of 2014

ICv2.com
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:56 pm

I'd read that, but I'll be honest, as bad as the New 52 has been, I'm not excited to see any of my favorite characters return. I'm one of the few who doesn't want Wally to come back until management at the company has changed over, because I don't trust any of the current crew to not screw things up.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Tekwych » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:50 pm

And I'm pissed. Because I love Wally West, but DC has been pretty much crap for the last few years, and I'd rather they not bring my favorite characters back than bring them back just to treat them the way they have almost every other DC character.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby manekochan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 am

*coughcough*ambushbug*coughcough*
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby Ideal » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:44 pm

is that really the costume they are giving him? maybe it is just the pose and all the crackle-crackle around him, but he doesnt look very Flash-like
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to The Green Room