Totally Tubular Confabulation

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Totally Tubular Confabulation

Postby twofisted » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm

I'm currently really enjoying Thundercats and Young Justice. I'm also watching Green Lantern. I loved GI Joe: Renegades. I liked the fresh take on the Joes. Funny thing about it not being renewed for a 2nd season because of conflicts with the movie cuz by looking at the trailer....the movie looks quite a bit like Renegades

DYING for a new season of Metalocalypse. I probably watch my dvds of Deathklok once a month. Finally got on the Adventure Time bandwagon.

I was watching Workaholics till they ran out of new episodes. I'm all caught up on Childrens Hospital and Parks and Rec. Caught up on Dexter. Havent gotten into Game of Thrones yet.

I LOVED An Idiot Abroad: The Bucket List. Not really geeky...but i really like The Supersizers Go....on the Cooking Channel.

And my one guilty pleasure is....err.....coughRuPaulsDragRacecough...
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby manekochan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Just got to S6 E1 of Supernatural. Wow. Noisy said they jump the shark and I think that's where it starts.
Vault and I are watching Young Justice. I really enjoy that show. Also the Avengers is fun. I have to quit watching so bloody much tv...
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 am

I finished Renegades last night and I have to say that as a whole I really enjoyed it. I have to admit, it took me about half the series to really get into it, but once I did I was hooked. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the finale. I hope they eventually continue with a second season, I think there are more stories that could be told here. If not though I feel that they did a pretty good tying up most of the loose ends and gave it closure.

I can’t decide what to watch next. I’ve watched some random episodes of Cheers and Frasier. There’s a part of me that wants to go back and watch all those episodes. Cheers, Night Court, Home Improvement, and Married with Children in re-run syndication was such a huge part of my childhood. However there’s another part that just thinks it’s a waste of time. I would like to watch 30 Rock from the beginning --- and I also want to re-watch Futurama. Now that I’ve seen up through season seven I can go back and see what I missed. Last night I watched the pilot and noticed Nibbler’s shadow on the ground when Fry falls back into the cryo-freezer. What I love about the show is there is just so much subtle humor and if you blink you might miss something, like Matt Groening’s head in the museum, or when Leela is giving the code “1BDI”.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon May 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Did anyone catch SHERLOCK on Masterpiece Mystery! (PBS)? I couldn't wait and downloaded the torrents after they first aired on BBC. I've only seen A Scandal in Belgravia and The Hounds of Baskerville, but both are excellent. Hounds literally frightened me at certain parts.

I have yet to watch The Reichenbach Fall, I've been trying to stretch this out for as long as possible. I'm considering watching it live on PBS --- or just waiting to watch it on Blu.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon May 07, 2012 6:30 pm

twofisted wrote:I'm currently really enjoying Thundercats and Young Justice. I'm also watching Green Lantern. I loved GI Joe: Renegades. I liked the fresh take on the Joes. Funny thing about it not being renewed for a 2nd season because of conflicts with the movie cuz by looking at the trailer....the movie looks quite a bit like Renegades

DYING for a new season of Metalocalypse. I probably watch my dvds of Deathklok once a month. Finally got on the Adventure Time bandwagon.

I was watching Workaholics till they ran out of new episodes. I'm all caught up on Childrens Hospital and Parks and Rec. Caught up on Dexter. Havent gotten into Game of Thrones yet.

I LOVED An Idiot Abroad: The Bucket List. Not really geeky...but i really like The Supersizers Go....on the Cooking Channel.

And my one guilty pleasure is....err.....coughRuPaulsDragRacecough...

no shame in loving drag race... if you can't have fun watching that show, you just don't know fun.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby twofisted » Wed May 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Whew...thanks Dayraven....i really love that show. And finally they picked a winner that i pegged from the get go.

Anywayz...anybody watch Adventure Time? Perhaps it goes without saying that everybody does...buy most people i ask say they just cant get into it....i absolutely love it.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby manekochan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Adventure Time is something I've been meaning to watch. Since I've been in work mode, though, I've mostly been doing stuff I've seen before. Working through Community S1 again and also AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! DID ANYONE ELSE WATCH THE COMMUNITY FINALE EPISODES?!? BRILLIANT! I totally forgot! The video game was just badass and the final episode ending tied everything together. The middle episode was good, too, but forgettable, really. I enjoyed the crap out of it.
Okay. Back to what I was saying, I've also been watching Futurama again (up to season 3 now). This go round, it's more stupid than I remember. Still good, but a lot more silly and going for low-hanging jokes than I remembered it being. I still love it, though.
I also caught the first episode of Hell on Wheels. That is a brilliant show and I wish I could have seen more. I'm watching varying episodes of Fallen Skies, also. It's pretty good. Just shy of great. There's just something about it that I don't like. Maybe it's just too happy. Like if the Walking Dead were upbeat. They really play down the dramatic moments, which I don't mind so much, but that makes it kind of flat. There's never a time when you're thinking "Holy crap, they may all die!" or even, "I hope he'll be alright". No, it's just a bunch of people moseying through an apocalypse and sidestepping things and going, "Whew! That could have been bad! Good thing we avoided it." mangosteen that for a tv show. There is never any real peril and it gets old.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm

manekochan wrote:I also caught the first episode of Hell on Wheels. That is a brilliant show and I wish I could have seen more.

I really enjoyed that show. I highly recommend it! The second season is supposed to start in August. Its very gritty and well done. I noticed Wal-Mart has the first season on DVD for twenty bucks if you're so inlined.

I'm finally ready to start in on Matt Smith proper so to prepare myself I re-watched The End of Time. It hasn't been quite a year since then but I was still gutted. When the old man blew Tennant I would have just completely lost if if I were not in mixed company. Instead I had to nonchalantly wipe my manly tears.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Ebonhorn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm

I love Matt Smith
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:51 pm

I like him too. I don't know if I'll ever find him as endearing as Tennant was.

Last night I watched the first two episodes, "The Eleventh Hour" and "The Beast Below."

Eleventh Hour was a fine intro for Matt Smith. I felt bad for little Amelia Pond. The Beast Below was interesting but I think ultimately it did not pay off, what with the creepy both mannequins, mysterious cloaked men, and of course the queen. Not to mention I thought it totally borrowed a plot point from Star Trek: TNG Encounter at Farpoint where similarly a large space creature is tortured, but instead of tying a large city on its back they forced the creature to become the city.

Looking forward to Victory of the Daleks! =)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room