Totally Tubular Confabulation

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Totally Tubular Confabulation

Postby manekochan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 am

I haven't seen all the Tennant episodes but he's definitely the most attractive Doctor. ;) I do find I like Matt Smith's Doctor more, though. He's just more silly. Amy and Rory kind of make the show awesome, though. Good grief, Rory... You really don't think you'll like him. It sneaks up on you. Kind of like Wesley in Angel.
Brock: Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
Dean: It's weird, right?
Brock: It's like he channels dead crazy people!
manekochan
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:26 pm

The seeds of Smith have been planted --- just taking a long time though. Last night I left off with Vincent and the Doctor --- it was a very simple self contained episode but I really enjoyed it.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am

Anybody watch the Hell on Wheels Series 2 finale yesterday? I wonder if that's it for the show or if they'll be back for Series 3. I think if they do come back things will be a lot different.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Bigbot84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:45 pm

I made a deal with my wife: If she lets me watch all of Star Trek from TNG to Voyager, I would watch all of Doctor Who (2005-present) as she really likes that show. I finished Voyager a month ago (that show was pretty dull, but DS9 is pretty damn good), and I started Doctor Who. I'm in the middle of the second season of Matt Smith, and I have to say I still find Chris Eccleston to be my favorite Doctor so far. I don't know what it is about Matt Smith, but I'm just not as invested in the 11th Doctor and the Ponds.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Awesome all around!

Eccleston is by far my favorite. In amongst my social circles it seems to be a constant war between Tennant and Smith. I Smith himself took a good season to grow on me. Amy Pond and Rory never did...
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 pm

I don't think it's the actor's. It's what their given to work with. Moffit wrote some of my favorite moder episodes (Blink) but just doesn't have the ability to plot an entire season like Davies did. Davies as a show runner saw the big picture but Moffit just seams to miss the mark and the season seams to be a pin ball table instead of an arrow hitting its mark
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Agreed --- I couldn't have put it any better myself.

I watched Blink last night for the first time in a good year --- Still a fantastic episode!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

has anyone else watched "arrow?" it's not awful, but it's certainly no smallville. for starters, i can't get past how fast everything happens, right down to speech cadence... they all talk like they're on gilmore girls or something... the lead detective guy talks so fast, so you can hear him run out of air. it's friggin weird. the kid playing ollie isn't awful, but he's not stellar. i don't get how the green grease paint mask just appears and disappears... what is he, the Shadow? i'm giving it one more episode to do something fun, but thusfar, i'm kind of unimpressed. again, not that it's bad, it's just... good. but maybe i'm just not enough of an ollie fan...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:12 pm

is anyone else watching defiance? i find myself really enjoying it, despite a couple groan-inducing tropes playing out (like the tres-cool pseudo-swearing) personally though, i'd watch mia kirshner take a big greasy starfruit.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:32 am

No Defiance for me. I'm watching Under the Dome though. It's decent thus far, though nothing really seems to be happening. I'm glad it's only a 13 episode miniseries.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room