I've not been around for a while

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

I've not been around for a while

Postby you_will_forget » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:30 pm

This is why:

We're alternating somewhere between excited and terrified
You can't scare me, my wife is pregnant
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Re: I've not been around for a while

Postby dayraven » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:31 pm

i just thought you forgot. [grin]

congrats my man! let me just say, nerves will persist, well into the kid's adolescence... just get prepared, there's plenty of good books out there for expectant dads. commit yourself, and your ease will win over your fears.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:03 am

I was trying to figure out what that image was. Fortunately, DR's comments about parenthood made the other shoe drop.

I don't believe in luck, so I wish you all the success in the world, mate. Congratulations!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby you_will_forget » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:17 am

Thanks guys.

We're pretty sensible, and we have the advantage of my niece being 9 months old currently, so we've got close to home experience of what to expect. There's a few concerns, such as my wife's physical makeup, but she knows there may be some issues and we'll deal with those as they arrive. We're aiming not to have a caesarian as it will put her off her feet for a while and she doesn't walk well anyway, but we know she may have to.

She's also got in touch with Alison Lapper, as she has the same condition and we're hoping we can have a bit of a sit-down with her about any additional things to watch out for.

I've now either got to convince the horsemen to do a range of 7th Kingdom babywear or convince the wife to let me get some Green Lantern stuff for it (its too small to tell the gender yet).

6 months to go...

Jo
Walking along the ledge above gibbering panic
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby you_will_forget » Wed May 29, 2013 5:48 am

New Pic. This is us at 20 weeks:

No signs of a horn or tail yet.

Jo
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby dayraven » Wed May 29, 2013 8:22 am

actually, the tail should be there now, not a true tail, but a vestigial one, and it will fade over the last few weeks. [smile] but starfruit yes for healthy head echoes!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby you_will_forget » Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 am

Yeah.

We don't know gender yet (we would normally have found out on this scan) as the little scamp is facing the wrong way, but everything they can see is as it should be, which is a big relief for my wife as she was worried her physical impairments may pass on. I knew it'd be fine.

There's some placenta previa at the moment, which is where the placenta has moved over the uterus, but they've said this often corrects itself. We may just need a few more scans than normal, or in the worst case its a standard caesarian. We're hoping to avoid that as the wife's mobility isn't great and it will put her off her feet for a long time.

Still a bit terrified.

Jo
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby dayraven » Wed May 29, 2013 2:00 pm

i will say this, having done the c section w/ both ours, it's bad, but not awful. she'll be up and moving pretty damned soon, she just can't lift heavy objects (like over 50 or 60 lbs)... but i don't see too many brand new mom's hitting the heavy weights again in the first 6 weeks anyways, they just want to cuddle and nurture (and really, that's all they should be doing, whipping out the tit to keep that love grub fed) the only issue is keeping the wound clean while she heals, which we discovered maxi pads are fantastic for. lay them sumbitches sideways across that scar, and they work like marvels. just sayin, if that becomes the only choice, it's still not that bad.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby you_will_forget » Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 pm

The issue is that she uses her stomach muscles for most of her movement. She's missing both femurs so her legs start where her knees should be. We'll see how we go, but thanks for the info.

Jo
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby you_will_forget » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:35 am

We have a face!

Still no idea of the gender though, it's being very coy. We saw quite a bit of movement on the ultrasound this time, it tried to cover it's face whilst we were trying to get a clear pic.

Jo
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Next

Return to The Green Room