I've not been around for a while

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: I've not been around for a while

Postby dayraven » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:24 pm

you_will_forget wrote:We have a face!

Still no idea of the gender though, it's being very coy. We saw quite a bit of movement on the ultrasound this time, it tried to cover it's face whilst we were trying to get a clear pic.

Jo

that is definitely a face... so are you guys rooting for one gender or the other? sometimes a surprise is a great thing you know...

the best advice i can give you in the early months of new parenting comes down a couple things:
a) learn how to power nap. 30 minutes here and there are sometimes the best you can do
b) cheap diapers, expensive wipes... the cheap baby wipes don't get the kind clean, they just spread the mess around. and even the expensive diapers will leak when the kid takes a big piss or starfruit. save the money on the diapers, use it on the wipes. the fastest the kid gets clean, the less often you get peed on.
c) sometimes, you have to put the kid down in a safe spot and let them cry. go get some air. so long as you can hear the kid still crying, the kid is fine. but there are times that especially for men, that kid hits the right pitch and tone and volume, and it will drive you CRAZY. better to walk away for a few minutes than do something you might regret. it's not a sign of weakness or indicators of bad parenting. it's a human reaction.
d) BREAST FEED! if the wife has to pump bottles, fine and great, then she can sleep and you can do the feeding, but breast feeding saves you a ton of time at the doctor's office and it's better for the kid and mother. BREAST FEED. trust me. if it's at all an option, breast feed.
e) hugs and kisses all the mangosteen time. every mangosteen chances, hugs and kisses and tickles and love. when they're new, they smell great, they coo a lot, they are there to be loved, so love the starfruit out of them. think you've loved them enough? double down and love them some more. you never mangosteen know man, so love them at every damned chance you get, and if you don't get chances, MAKE THEM. quit school, forget church, toy boards only when the kid is sleeping on your shoulder. love that baby. that's priority number 1 for the next 18 years minimum. then wife. then you. then everything else. [smile] i promise man, the first time those little fingers grip around your finger, e) becomes the most redundant advice you'll ever get. :wink:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:07 pm

No way. Dayraven's in favor of breastfeeding? Will wonders never cease. :D
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Got a due date? Or have you answered that already?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 pm

JamesLynch wrote:No way. Dayraven's in favor of breastfeeding? Will wonders never cease. :D

DR breastfeeding - well duh

DR breastfeeding babies - I'm not sure he'd leave any
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Tekwych wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:No way. Dayraven's in favor of breastfeeding? Will wonders never cease. :D

DR breastfeeding - well duh

DR breastfeeding babies - I'm not sure he'd leave any

:cool:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby you_will_forget » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:42 pm

I can't believe it's taken me this long to drop by with an update, but we're just over two weeks to go until the due date on 13th October.

We're both still working as statutory parental leave sucks balls (plus its a 15min ride on her electric wheelchair to the hospital from work as opposed to a half hour car ride from home), but we've both cleared our diaries from next week so we can make a move as soon as we need to.

We're just waiting now...

Jo
You can't scare me, my wife is pregnant
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:42 am

Well, all the best, and be sure to post some pictures after the Happy Event, mate!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby you_will_forget » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 am

Will do.

But not any breastfeeding ones, sorry DR.

Jo
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby you_will_forget » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:24 am

Hi folks

Just thought I'd put in a quick update as we had another appointment today and we're sitting at 13 days to go to the due date.

Nothing really new to report: still can't identify gender from the scans, but everything is looking as it should and we're on track to deliver at around the 13th, maybe a day or two later.

Next Tuesday she's going in to get a line with a canula in her neck that can be left in place until labour starts. She's not too happy about the situation, but without elbows there aren't any simple ways to get a line in once we go in, plus they're thinking if she has a bleed or anything like that she will be at higher risk of bleeding out quickly so they want early, easy access.

More updates as they come,

Jo
Tired and terrified
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby dayraven » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:05 pm

best of luck man. it's a friggin miracle watching one of those little suckers join the rest of us... a disgusting, messy miracle. we'll be thinking you, and your wife.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to The Green Room