Keurig Brewers

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Keurig Brewers

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Any of you fine fellas own a Keurig coffee brewer? If any of you are coffee afficionados, let me just cut you off right here: it's not for me, it's a Christmas present for my Mom. I know you get a better cup with freshly ground beans and a French Press or even a regular home percolator. She basically wants one for the novelty and the convenience of being able to brew and go. Anyhoo, there are so many different makes & models of the Keurig I'm not sure where to start. It doesn't need to be super fancy or have all the latest features (like the milk warmers for cappuccinos or lattes) just standard one. I've reseached them online but just wanted to ask around and who better to ask for an opinion about a coffee maker than a bunch of toy geeks? ;-)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Re: Keurig Brewers

Postby dayraven » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Well, if I might... I am a coffee snob and my sister in law has the basic Keurig machine. It's not something I would use daily, but she does, and has for two years now. The machine is well made. It brews in less than 10 minutes from cold water to cup of Java. The selection of k cups goes beyond just coffee too, including ciders and teas. For a casual coffee drinker, that machine is like miracle coffee. Do it. It makes a percolator look like a toucan beak, as technology goes. I have drank several of the numerous cups she keeps in the home and they're a huge step up from folders or Nescafé instant.

That said, I use a French press's and grind and blend my own beans, and if you gave me a Keurig, and tried to take my press, I'd use the insides of your skull as my new mug. :eek:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 pm

We have one for the break room at work. Everyone can bring in whatever roast they like. Has held up well in the first year.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for the input guys!

DR --- thats high praise, especially coming from a coffee snob! I'm a casual coffee drinker but I like a good cup. In fact since I don't drink coffee very often when I *DO* I want a good cup, not brown water. I usually just use a percolator for the convenience, though I'd love to try a French press!

Tek --- we have one in my office as well, its nice to be able to get coffee on demand. My biggest complaint is nobody ever fills the reservior!!! So I'll go fill it, but only half-way, just enough for me and maybe one or two others! ^________^

I used to work at a company that had a Keurig machine way back before they became so popular. It was a giant machine, but you slid a tray out and put the K-Cup inside and it even disposed of it for you! The machine didn't have a reservior, it was hooked up to a giant 5-gal jug of water so it hardly ever needed to be replaced!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Return to The Green Room