CONGRATULATIONS!

Not even we can talk toys all the time. Kick back and relax with the friends and staff of ItsAllTrue in the Green Room!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

CONGRATULATIONS!

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Congratulations are in order, I hear! So, Noisy, boy or girl?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Re: CONGRATULATIONS!

Postby dayraven » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 pm

from noisy's facebook page:

So yesterday...

As previously reported, my wife's water broke Tuesday night during the Royals Wildcard game. But our son was not born on a Tuesday. He was almost not born on a Wednesday...

After the water broke, what followed was 24 hours of handwringing & waiting. It was stressful. It was traumatic. It was the longest day of my life... and I wasn't the one in labor.

Folks, Stephanie Lynch, is amazing. We all knew it. I knew it, but it never hurts to be reminded constantly. This Mom endured 24 hours - that's not a typo - of labor as her body and the fantastic doctors & nurses at Joplin Mercy tried to make this thing happen.

But as we approached the one-day mark, a call had to be made. My wife had worked hard to stay fit & healthy because she wanted to deliver naturally. Even after a day of labor, she asked calmly about what else she could try or do and the doc gave her her options. She weighed 'em, looked right at me and said, "I have to do what's best for the baby." Some might say that opting for a c-section is easier, it wasn't. She made that choice bravely. I was in awe. I knew she was disappointed, but she was resolute. She was amazing. I threw out some manly tears on her behalf.

I waited the longest 10 minutes of my life in a random hallway as they prepped her. I tried to stay calm. I recited states & their capitals, presidents (weird things keep me calm, sorry son!). When I walked into that scary OR amid the tables, curtains, bright lights, & the hustle & bustle, there was my wife smiling at me through her oxygen mask, looking like a million bucks. She was amazing. I tripped over one of the suction lines.

Then, at 8:36pm we met Samuel Joseph Lynch. He was 9lbs 3oz and gorgeous. Turned out, he was also a 22" long baby with a 14" head that was never going to fit out the exit. Crazy kid.

He is amazing. I'm his Dad
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: CONGRATULATIONS!

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:51 am

Glad to hear things worked out and everyone's healthy!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Return to The Green Room